As an industry leading interior fit out contractor and bespoke joinery manufacturer, we are looking for an experienced Planner to join our growing Pre-Construction team.
EE Smith work on some of the largest and most prestigious fit out projects in the country, winning numerous multi-million-pound contracts; As a result, we are looking to expand & are keen to find the ideal candidate to work in our Leicester HQ supporting our central London sites. The role will include the full range of programme management skills in providing scheduling, planning, advice and the development of the relevant schedules with the following aspects of the development:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with clients such as main contractors and sub-contractors, you will oversee staged deliveries of the programme with detailed planning and progress monitoring processes.
- The post holder will develop and manage integrated programme schedules of detailed delivery plans and provide support to programme directors on planning matters to assist service delivery.
- Assist with the setup planning department(s) and managing other professionals to provide comprehensive project controls support to developers, contractors and partners.
- Progress monitor, assess and status report to the Senior Management Team.
- To operate as a Planning Professional, utilizing knowledge of programme change management and change control processes.
- Liaise upstream, ensuring programmes conform to all contractual obligations whilst allowing EE Smith sufficient and realistic timeframes to achieve requirements.
- Liaising with sub-contractors and external supply chains to ensure accurate timelines for programmes are compiled.
- Creating histograms to allow resource management/allocation from design, through manufacture and installation.
- Any other duties needed to ensure the full discharge of duties responsibly requested by your Manager.
- Work in a safe manner following Company Procedures, 14001 Environmental, 9001 Quality and Statutory H&S Regulations.
- Technical experience and knowledge in the Construction industry; incorporating buildability of partition walls, joinery installation and MEP services is essential.
- Previous experience in a planning department dealing with a wide range of complex infrastructure programme planning/scheduling, from Shell & Core through to final finishes and handover to client.
- Experience in ASTA programme (including baselines, droplines etc.) is essential.
- Proven ability to convert works scopes and/or technical documents into programmes. (Both tender programmes and ‘live’ won projects).
- The ability to communicate effectively through all levels of the Project structures, from supply chain to client.
- Enjoy problem solving & finding solutions to unique scenarios.
- Good time management and ability to multi-task.
- High degree of numeracy, literacy and attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions within authority.
- Able to lead and work as a team member.
- Strives for continuous improvement for the benefit of the company.
- Salary £30K to £45K – Depending on experience
- Employee Learning and Development Programme
- Full Employee Assistance Programme
- 32 days annual leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.