Due to exceptional growth we are seeking a SHEQ Manager to provide a complete SHEQ service to the business, giving both guidance and support in addition to undertaking audits, inspections and incident investigation etc.
This exciting new role has been created in the E E Smith Contracts SHEQ Team to manage our current Health & Safety, Environment, Quality Assurance and Construction compliance capability.
As a business have a strong profile and reputation in key market sectors such as super prime residences, 5 star hotels, leisure and public buildings.
- Ensuring Compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the CDM Regulations 2015
- Undertake specific SHEQ inspections and audits
- Provide advice and support to achieve the highest level of SHEQ performance.
- Facilitate SHEQ meetings as required including; incident investigation meetings to ensure any SHEQ concerns are noted and addressed.
- Co-ordinate the health, safety and environmental programme at our Head Offices in Leicester and London sites.
- Ensure compliance of site SHEQ standards.
- Ensure that all legal statutes, statutory instruments and guidance documents are followed.
- Carry out safety inspections and produce written reports documenting your findings.
- Investigate Accident / incidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences produce investigation reports
- Identify SHEQ training requirements.
- Produce a Monthly SHEQ report
- Manage ISO9001 Quality Management accreditation.
- Set up and Manage ISO14001 Environmental Management.
- Management of FSC & PEFC Chain of Custody systems
- Management of FORS Transport systems
- Preparation of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for Major Contractors, Statutory and Industry
- Compliance Management of Health Surveillance and Occupational Health
- Visit supplier sites when necessary to ensure that work processes are in line with our criteria
What you will need for the role:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Well organised and detail conscious
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible approach
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience of carrying out detailed site SHEQ inspections
- Experience of carrying out SHEQ Investigations / producing detailed accident investigation reports.
- Experience of ensuring that sites are working towards site SHEQ and environmental requirements.
- Experience of working within a factory and construction site base SHEQ role
Qualifications preferred but not essential:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Industry recognised qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma,
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- CSCS Card Holder preferably Black Level
- SMSTS Certified
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills