The Joinery / Fit Out Estimator’s Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Establish a close relationship with the Senior Estimator and Estimating Manager, the Estimating
Team, Commercial Team, Production Team, and Design Team.
· Comply with Estimating Best Practice processes
· Responsible for receipt of accurate records of tender and contract documents (assisted by document
· Prepare detailed bills of quantities to allow tenderers to price works accurately
· Compile tender comparisons to ensure only complete subcontract / Material bids are considered
· Present tender at settlement meeting and demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of best winning
approach to be taken
· Offer advice on risks, value engineering options and other work winning strategies
· Ensure all risks are understood and evaluated so that they are considered for inclusion in the tender
presented at the settlement
· Handover tenders that are won to the project team and maintain contact to ensure all knowledge is
· Work closely with the supply chain to ensure they continue to provide competitive tenders, ensure
delivery teams are aware of those sub-contractors and suppliers that have contributed to ensure
they are given a fair opportunity to secure work with EE Smith Ltd when tender is successful and give
honest, timely feedback when a tender is lost
· Maintain relationships and up to date pricing schedules for material and labour rates from supply
chain relevant to ongoing projects and tenders.
· Develop relationships with consultants and other customers.
· Any other duties needed to ensure the full discharge of duties responsibly requested by
· Work in a safe manner following Company Procedures, 14001 Environmental, 9001
Quality and Statutory H&S Regulations.
The successful Joinery / Fit Out Estimator must have:
· Knowledge of the construction industry processes
· Accurate measurement and billing of tender information
· Able to identify and evaluate risks
· Proven planning and process management skills
· Knowledge of different procurement routes, particularly design and build
· A confident professional manner
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Methodical approach to duties
· Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and
· Good organisation skills
Leicester LE2 (fully office based) preferably within a 30-mile radius.
Salary c£40K to c£45K – although this is flexible dependent upon experience
Employee Learning and Development Programme
Full Employee Assistance Programme
32 days annual leave
Cycle to Work Scheme
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.