Assistant Quantity Surveyor
|The Assistant Quantity Surveyor is an integral part of the commercial team and will be working under the guidance of the Senior/Quantity Surveyor to provide key support in the financial management of the project on a day-to-day basis.|
Roles & Responsibilities
- Aid in the procurement of Sub-Contractors, including the compilation of Sub-Contract comparisons and Sub-Contract orders.
- Attend Client and Sub-Contract meetings to aid and ensure that all commercial aspects are captured.
- Prepare and issue Sub-Contract payment certificates to the Accounts Department in good time ensuring that internal procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that Payment & Payless Notices are issuing within the Contracting timeframe.
- Attend internal monthly commercial meetings.
- Have input into monthly internal reporting and external valuations.
- Report to the Senior/Quantity Surveyor on all issues relating to progress, performance, and cost control issues.
- Assist with the valuation of variations, additional works, and provisional sum’s etc.
- Assist with the preparation of Notices of Delay and Extensions of Time under the Contract, including any subsequent Loss/Expense Claims.
- Assist with the preparation and agreement of Final Account’s both client side and supply chain.
- Obtaining of Final Account statements from Sub-Contractors.
- Releasing of Sub-Contract retentions when the time is applicable.
- Ensure that the central filing system is maintained and kept in good order on the server.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of warranties where applicable.
- Any other duties needed to ensure the full discharge of duties responsibly requested by your line manager.
- Work in a safe manner following Company Procedures, 14001 Environmental, 9001 Quality and Statutory H&S Regulations.
- Working towards or having qualified under BSc Hons Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
- Have a general understanding of the construction industry and the role that an Assistant Quantity Surveyor plays to that end.
- Be able to think outside the box and problem solve in a methodical manner.
- Able to interact at different levels with other key members of the project team.
- Preferably having worked in the industry as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for a minimum of a year.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the
changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to
reach agreement on any changes.