Architectural Technologist / Technical Design Co-ordinator
EE Smith specialise in the interior fit out industry working in high end commercial and residential projects. We have our own joinery manufacturing facility based in Leicester.
We pride ourselves in bringing our clients dreams and aspirations to reality, whilst also ensuring buildability and compliance with relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
We are looking to recruit an Architectural Technologist / Technical Design Co-ordinator in the following role:
Day to Day Duties
- Review CAD drawings and ensure that the co-ordinated details and dimensions are correct.
- Cross reference and check drawings against product data sheets for lighting, sanitaryware and other interacting elements.
- Coordinating with various subcontractor interfaces and design details.
- Liaise with the drawing originator regarding any queries or discrepancies.
- Reporting to the design manager with regular design updates.
- Using CDE portals such as Viewpoint / Acconex to access and review drawings.
- Assisting the Design Manager in responding to RFI queries.
- Any other duties that may be necessary to ensure the full discharge of the role.
- Engage with all departments internally to ensure a fully coordinated design.
- Engage with the site project team.
- Liaise as required with specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure EES drawings are coordinated with subcontractors drawing details where there is a direct interface.
- Reviewing complex multi sub-contractor packages and design details.
- Assisting the design manager with the technical aspects of the subcontract packages.
- Attend design meetings as required.
- Ensure all drawings are compliant with the NBS specification and current regulations.
- Identifying and minimise risk to the business through design: – particularly items that fall under statutory compliance, CDM, CDP (contractors design portion)
- Working in an office, with occasional site visits.
- Reviewing designs with health and safety in mind.
- Ensure all design is complaint with CDM regs.
- Ensure compliance with ISO and internal processes.
- Liaise and assist the Pre-Con team regarding samples and finishes.
- Assist pre-con with compliance of components/products in use.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in 2D / 3D AutoCAD / Revit
- Good understanding of construction methods and materials
- Must have Fit Out / Shopfitting / Building Sector industry background.
- Must have experience in reviewing complex multi sub-contractor packages.
- Architectural degree preferable but not essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year